[TV Show Reviews] The Sandman Review and its not looking so good


So Netflix just released this super *promising* show which is giving all kinds of thrill and dark elements. But boy oh boy, was I wrong! This show is BAD and not Riverdale bad, it is BAD BAD.


First thing first: There is NO Story

You heard that right, this show does not have a story. The premise is built like a soap opera i.e., every episode has a completely different storyline and completely different supporting characters and man...does that NOT work. I mean, come on. You are talking about a complex thriller here with all sorts of mystical creatures but you decide to go down the route of a motel soap opera with different Abuelita's every other fortnight. That just does not work. Nu-uh. 



Why Does Everyone Hate Sandman?
Now I talk about this in my podcast too (Btw did you know I have a podcast too *cue shameless plug* -- You can listen to it by clicking HERE) BUT anyways, literally everyone on the show just loathes sandman like their life depends on it. I mean, sure have a nemesis, PAL-EES, we need some cold-blooded vengence. But mans gotta be on some deep shitte when literally everyone is his cold-blooded villain. Like for real sandman, how many people do you owe? I feel like if that many people hate you, then you are the one who is playing the villain. 


The Fights are PG 1+
So something this grim would have like real scray fights right, like real scary stand-offs. I mean this show is rated 18+ then tell me why, the fights are hardly 1+. I mean, does no one know any action or what? Are the actors just paid to look pretty and deliver sub-par dialogs? I am talking about the Lucifer vs Sandman face-off. Funny at best and hilarious at worst. I have seen rugrats fight better and they are literal toddlers. Sandman, get yo game on man?!


The Edward Cullen Rip-off Look
Doesn't Sandman, or the "Dream" *in deep voice* remind you of someone? Yes, that is right. EDWARD CULLEN. And you cannot talk me out of it. Now exactly why the dream/sandman had to look like a 100-year-old vampire is questionable but the resemblance is uncanny. But I appreciated the hustle of Cullens as a 16-year old and in that context; now as a 20-something year old, I have to pass. Please get better idols.


Do I recommend It?
Yes! if you miss Edward Cullen and your duel of choice is rock-paper-scissors. For everyone else, resounding NO!

BTW if you like TV reviews, I have the podcast just right for you! Click below and find out! *wink wink*



Update: You can also find the podcast on this on youtube!

2 comments

  1. Hello stranger, do leave a comment if you like what you are reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for your Black Holes: The Biggest Mysteries of The Cosmos Part 2

    ReplyDelete